Liposuction in Pakistan And What Are Some Areas That Can Be Treated?
Liposuction or simply lipo, is a fat removal procedure through suction technique from particular areas of the body such as abdomen, buttocks, calves, hips, thighs, neck and upper arms.
Liposuction in Peshawar as well as Pakistan is one of the most common cosmetic surgical procedures.
Is Liposuction An Overall Weight Loss Procedure
Liposuction is commonly yet wrongly assumed as an overall weight loss procedure. It is not a recourse for obesity.
It is rather a cosmetic procedure to give new contour to those specific areas where too much fat is accumulated and rest of the body has a stable weight.
It is also sometimes done as a part of other cosmetic surgeries such as breast reduction.
Why Do People Opt Lipousction in Pakistan?
It is a procedure to improve the appearance of specific areas that are not in proportion to rest of the body fat and weight. When an individual puts the weight on – the fat cells increases in size and volume. Liposuction reduces the number of fat cells in that specific area.
How To Prepare?
- First of all, discuss your expectations with your surgeon that what you really expect from the procedure. It allows your surgeon to make a plan accordingly and to tailor the procedure according to your needs.
- Your doctor then takes your medical history.
- He may also recommend you to stop taking certain medications such as blood thinners.
- Or in the case otherwise he may recommend taking some supplements such as anemic people are asked to take iron supplements.
- You may be askes to get some lab tests done.
What To Expect?
- The procedure may take place in a hospital setting or at your doctor’s clinic. You can go home the same day but if you are planning to get a large amount of fat removed then you might stay overnight.
- The process begins by your doctor marking the targeted areas that are to be treated.
- Photos are taken as a medical record to compare the before and after results.
- Next you get anesthesia, it can be either local (limited to specific area) or general (where you go unconscious).
The time required for the procedure depends on the amount of fats removed.
After The Procedure
- Pain, swelling and bruising are expected.
- You are prescribed certain medications to boost the healing process.
- You may feel numbness in that particular area for several weeks.
- The surgeon may place tiny drains at the site of incisions to drain any fluid.
Compression garments are recommended by your surgeon to minimize swelling
What Are Some Liposuction Techniques Used in Pakistan?
Laser assisted lipolysis (LAL)
It is a less invasive method and is also known as laser- guided lipo. It makes use of tumescent fluid. After that, through a tiny tube, laser energy and heat are delivered to burn the fat for easy removal.
This technique has the plus point of simultaneously offering better skin retraction for those having mild elasticity issues along with fat reduction.
No fluid is injected at the targeted site. But this method is quite a risky one – causing large amount of bleeding and bruising.
Here a significant amount of saline solution is injected at the targeted site that is to be suctioned. Then the fat is sucked out through tine tubes called catheters. This is the most popular method.
Power assisted liposuction (PAS)
Also known as power liposuction uses a cannula that rapidly moves back and forth allowing the surgeon to remove fat.
Ultrasound assisted liposuction (UAL)
Also known as ultrasonic liposuction. Here the cannula is energized with ultrasound that melts away the fat and making the suction of fat easier.
Benefits of liposuction
Despite being a cosmetic procedure, it can also be used to treat certain medical conditions such as;
It is a condition of fat accumulation under a man’s breast. It can be treated easily through liposuction.
It is a chronic condition where excess fluid gets stored in tissues causing extreme swelling. Which can be painful at times. Liposuction can be used to help reduce the swelling, pain and the discomfort.
It is a condition where there is an abnormal fat accumulation. Fat accumulates in one part of the body and is lost in another part of the body. Liposuction can treat this condition as well.
These are benign fatty tumors that can be treated through liposuction procedure.
Myths Regarding Liposuction in Pakistan
Well there is a myriad of myths regarding liposuction procedure that have no sound basis in reality, some of them are mentioned below;
- Liposuction is not for older people
- It can help reduce weight
- It can help treat cellulite
- Fat deposits removed will return after the procedure
- It is only for women
- It is only related to belly fat.
Liposuction results are permanent if you adopt a healthy lifestyle with a balanced diet, regular exercise and a healthy sleep schedule.