Do you know the average amount of time a women has to shave in her lifetime? 7718 times. This requires her to spend nearly 10 minutes on each shave. On average, in her lifetime a women spends about $10200 on shaving, $23000 on waxing whereas the laser hair removal procedure costs way less. Before we tell you of the associated cost we would like you to know what the laser hair removal procedure is.
Laser hair removal
Dealing with unwanted hair on your skin is a hassle. It not only exhausts time, energy but also money. Removal of unwanted hair through laser not only saves you time but also money.
A highly concentrated light from the laser is emitted which targets the hair follicles. This beam of light gets absorbed by the pigments in the follicles heating it and destroying the hair. The results are near to permanent with visible hair loss just after couple of sessions.
What to do before the treatment?
There are a number of steps you should follow before going in for a treatment.
- Shave the day before the treatment starts. Since the laser beam targets the hair follicles and not the hair visible on the skin to it is recommended to shave a day before you go in for your first session.
- Stop waxing or plucking. As the laser hair removal works by damaging the roots therefore, you should stop waxing or threading your body hair about four to six weeks prior to starting the treatment/.
- Stay clear of sun exposure. Two weeks before the treatment it is advised to avoid exposure of sun to the skin. The sunburn can cause excessive pain and blistering.
- Inform your doctor of all the medications. Prior to the treatment it is important to inform your doctor of all the medications as there are some medications which could intervene with the laser treatment or affect the results.
- Remove all the makeup or creams. When going in for the treatment remove all the cream and makeup applied on the skin. Make sure to wash the area with soap and water. In case you used make up remover, be sure to clean the area with soap and water too.
Laser hair removal sessions
The average numbers of treatment sessions required are between 5-10 sessions, depending on the area of treatment. Areas like underarms, lower legs, bikini line require fewer sessions. The areas with coarser hair also need less treatment. Face and arms may require more sessions of laser.
Some hairs will never grow back at the end of the treatment that is why this is considered to be a permanent method of hair removal. And for the hair that grows back, 1-2 maintenance treatments are required during the year.
The treatments are carried out on average at one month interval. Initially the session are carried out every 2-3 weeks but are prolonged to 4-6 weeks as the treatment proceeds.
Cost of laser hair removal in Pakistan
The internet is flooded with varying costs for hair removal through laser. With the advancement of technology laser hair removal procedure are successfully being performed all over the country. Nearly 80% of people who have opted for this treatment lie between 19-50 years of age.
The average cost of the procedure lies from PKR 10,000 to PKR 25,000 per session. The amount may increase if the area being treated is greater.
The most commonly areas for hair removal in males are cheeks, chest or back hair. The removal of hair from cheeks can cost from PKR 4000 to PKR 5000. Hair removal from complete face ranges between PKR 8,000 TO PKR 10,000; whereas treatment of full chest hair lies between PKR 15,000 to PKR 17,000.
For a complete body hair removal using laser the cost may be as high as PKR 50,000 per session. Some Chinese and Korean laser machines are also available in market which performs the full body laser for PKR 25,000 to PKR 35,000 per session. Though these machines are cheaper but the results are not very promising.
All the above mentioned figures are estimated and can vary depending on various factors. The thickness of hair follicle, the area of the treatment, number of sessions needed, time required to complete a session and the choice of doctor and hospital are some factors which can impact the cost of the laser hair removal procedure.
According to research, about 60% of the individuals who go for laser removal are women and 40% are men. For women, undesirable facial hair affects their confidence, morale and personality. With astounding advances in laser technology, removal of unwanted hair has become safe, painless and quick and hassle free in terms of money too. Both men and women who were tired of having to shave and wax after few days can now relax, sit back and enjoy smooth and hair free skin.